Friday, February 05, 2010

Facebook Free February

Posted on 6:01 PM by merrilymerrily

Seems to be going ok, had to sneak back on today to get a phone number but wasn't too tempted to see what everyone has been up to.


Had some positive non-facebook interactions although it's hard to say whether it is a direct result of non-facebooking or random.

Went out for coffee to Mt. Kembla pub instead of spending my lunch break on facebook. Had an interesting conversation with two (female) church staff members about self-perception, specifically weight. It is amazing to what depths women seem to internalise the need to be thought of well, or positively perceived by others. That being a 'people pleaser' can be worn almost like a badge of honour. I guess I accept the trait more when it's openly acknowledged rather than denied. Something else interesting that came out of the conversation was an observation made about myself. That one of my biggest strengths is that I see people for what they really are. One of my biggest weaknesses - I see people for what they really are. Food for thought. Although I just had a coffee.

No Response to "Facebook Free February"