Sunday, November 12, 2006

If you're happy and you know it

Posted on 9:26 PM by merrilymerrily


Our little patch is rapidly greening up. I decided on a more haphazard planting of the veg- on Jackie French's recommendation (so the plants can hide from pests) but now see the benefit of nice neat rows. Getting a bit of blogger envy when I see posts like sooz' with big fat tomatoes and full heads of lettuce but gardening is an exercise in patience- you can't MAKE plants grow faster. Currently on the go in the main patch are roma tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes, basil (as yet unmunched- YAY!), 3 kinds of potatoes (which I HOPE I am doing the right thing with) capsicums, lemon balm, continental parsely, broadbeans, silverbeet (Still!) and hopefully tomorrow some lettuce.

1 Response to "If you're happy and you know it"

.
gravatar
Anonymous Says....

Peas! They are the only plant I've ever managed to grow, even with my black thumbs and complete contempt for garden maintenance :)